
This week we had 6 baptisms on Sunday in Tirana, Albania. There had been some reconstruction work taking place on the only baptismal font in the city. The work took longer than expected so a couple of the baptisms had been postponed from the week before. But the best baptism was of Sister Clirime Deda. She was baptized by her husband who had joined the Church about 3 or 4 months ago. He had met the missionaries on his own and after a couple of the lessons introduced his wife to the Church. The photograph shows Brother and Sister Deda with their oldest son (younger daughter was a little too short to appear in this photo. Also in the photograph are Sisters Waldrin, Slack and to far right one of our young adults, Armarilldo and Elder Newhouse.)

We also attended two Zone Conferences this week. The first in Tirana and the second in Fier on Friday. Behind the Church building in Fier is a row of small offices. The word "Advokat" in Albanian means attorney. Before the communists were kicked out, there were no attorneys in Albania. Obviously, from this photograph, there are some now.

Sisters Boyer, Waldrin, Kennedy, Frank, Langford and Slack taken at the Fier Zone Conference.

On an intermittent basis, we will still lose electrical power at our home. Sometimes it's only for a few minutes, sometimes for many hours. I think I've discovered the reason why. Too many electrical lines for kids to swing on. That's not a spider web you're seeing in the photograph above, those are electrical lines hung low enough that an 8 year old could reach them.

Every day when Mom and I walk down Myslym Shyri (probably the nicest street in Tirana), I see this lady with her scale. You pay her and then step on the scale to learn your weight. Hey Buck, if Pfizer lays you off, I think I've found a job for you. I guess you can do a little knitting as a side job.
2 comments:
I love the woman with the scale . . . Kamryn there's your summer job :-)
that is a pretty funny picture! the electrical wires are pretty amazing as well! Wow...seems like a good place to bring my girls :).
Post a Comment