Friday, February 13, 2009

Its not summer yet, but there has been so much rain this week that when I found this picture of Skanderbeg Square I just had to post it. Opera house on the left, Mosque of Et'hem Bey with clock tower in the middle.
When the skies clear, Tirana, Albania is beautiful. Our apartment is off to the left of this photograph.
Happy Valentine's Day from Tirana, Albania. Mom and I were walking around Tirana Park a few weeks ago and found this graffiti on a strange looking concrete structure. "Would you be my valentine?" Today, February 14, 2009, we're off to Durres for the YSA Valentine's Day dance. It starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 7:00 pm. I know that sounds like a strange time for a dance to start and end. It has to end by 7:00 pm because people have to get back to their homes and cities. Most buses and vans do not travel on the roads of Albania after dark. So, if you want people to come to your activity, it has to end in time for them to get home. Logistically, Albania has its challenges.

2 comments:

The Allgaier Family said...

Happy Valentines Day. We LOVE you! We've enjoyed the day here as a family and in a couple hours David and I are off for a "couple's massage" and dinner at "M on the Bund". Very nice. Hope you have fun at the dance!

Suzie Soda said...

Well...I guess if you turn on the music and turn down the lights, no one cares what time it is. xoxoxoxo