Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We went over to the our Albania missionaries tonight to say goodbye. We have really enjoyed being around them these past 10 days. They will follow mom and I to Albania in about 7 days.
Mom and I love them already. You can feel their excitement when ever you're around them. I think they were all jealous mom and I will get to Albania first.
The elders all got haircuts today. In Albania there is a custom that if you see a young man with a new haircut you slap him on the back of the head and wish him good luck. I'm about to receive some good luck from elders Monson, Turley, McGothin and Rispoli.



Of the 10 LDS young men who were attending Harvard as freshman this past year, 6,as pictured, were in the MTC this week. The other 4 either have been here or will come within the month. Third from the left is Jonathan Palmer, your cousin. I think Alyssa, Sarah, Garrick and Meiken will remember Enoch Palmer from Hawaii. We met Jonathan our first day here. He will be a tremendously powerful missionary.



They do feed
thousands of
Missionaries
here at the
MTC. There are 2,300 here this week.







We said good bye to Kamryn tonight. She didn't cry but mom was sure ready to. We already miss her dearly. She's stressing over her French class tonight and was ready for Mom and I to leave.


So by the time you read this Mom and I will be on our way to Albania. Both of us are a little anxious. I can't wait to see if mom really will climb those 7 flights of stairs to our apartment in order to avoid getting stuck in an elevator.
I can't wait to see what food I'll be eating. No number 4 from Del Taco for the next 18 months. But more importantly, I can't wait to share with the young adults of Albania my deep conviction that God lives, He loves us, we are His children, Jesus Christ is His son and the Savior of the World, and that God has restored to the earth His Gospel through a modern day prophet Joseph Smith. This knowledge has made me grateful for all the blessings I enjoy. Let the Albanian Adventure begin!

No comments: