Saturday, October 4, 2008

This is a photo, taken this morning, looking thru screen window from our bed room. The screen may actually help the picture.  We're 7 stories up. Mom has refused to take the elevator every time we've left or come back to our apartment. Elevator is small and the power does go out. This afternoon while visiting Branch President Apostoli, I noticed that the power went out twice. So maybe mom was right in climbing the stairs. The elevator is small too.

This morning Elders Whitaker and Hoxja showed us around town. Elder Hoxja is doing what they call a mini-mission. He's left his home in southern Albania and is here for 6 weeks. He joined the Church just a year ago and is waiting for his mission call. Actually he got his call today. Apparently his parents, who are not members, got the letter from SLC and not knowing what it was opened it. They called him while we were out and asked, "What's this thing about Milan, Italy?"  So he found out from his parents where he is going. He has not let anyone, but me, know about the call but will announce it tomorrow at Sacrament Meeting. He's sworn me to not tell a soul, so by the time you all read this, he'll have announced it to the Saints here. 
(Picture was taken in home of branch president Apostoli, 2nd from left.  His 87 year old mother is on right. They fed all of us. I'm sure it cost him a week's salary or more. Elder Hoxja is on left. Going left to right from President Apostoli is Elder Heil who is heading home this Tuesday, a young convert named Eddie who was a great help today showing us around and Elder Whitaker.)

4 comments:

Meiken said...

Now I feel more informed. Thank you! Wow...what a view!

Meiken said...

p.s. are those tomatoes on your sandwich dad?

Albanian Adventure said...

Meiken, do you really believe me capable of eating tomatoes? It looks like tomatoes but are actually red bell peppers. I only ate the pizza.

Gramma Annie said...

Nice call on the elevator Susan...I guess I did teach you a thing or two.:) xoxox