Monday, October 20, 2008















Today, Monday October 20, 2008 was our "Preparation Day" commonly called "P" day. I finished painting our apartment. The walls were pretty dirty and needed a lot of help. It was best to paint most of them. My back is now killing me, but I think I've convinced Mom that this painter has now retired for the rest of my mission.
In the afternoon we went for a long walk up to Mother Teresa Square. Many people do not know this but Mother Teresa was Albanian. The square is in pretty bad shape. There is a fountain in the middle which has a lot of graffiti on it and no water.



Last Saturday we had Teacher training for the teachers in the Church. The photo with the 5 people in the front of the class are roll playing. Man in orange shirt is President Sparti Kashari. He is Branch President of the 2nd Tirana Branch. Next to him in light blue is his fiance Ela. To the right is Sister Kashari, Sparti's mother, and on the right is Elder Muller from Duress.
I've also attached a photo of the Albanian flag which was hanging from one of the newer buildings in Tirana today. I love the color red and this flag is pretty cool. It depicts a double headed eagle in black.

1 comment:

Nana Nancy and PaPa Jeff said...

Hey..congratulations..Jeff would be proud of you!! the walls are a great color and add a lot to the pics..I'm sure your happier with them painted! Be careful who you tell they may want you to hire out (*.*)....
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."
-- Winston Churchill
Congratulations on your courage and Faith in your new journey..It looks like they have been waiting for you~ You fit in perfectly...
Hugs...Songbird