If you can't read the quote, here it is:
"What is the best way to teach our children and grandchildren---light and truth? What is the most important way to set our families , both immediate and extended, in order? Is it possible in spiritual matters our example speaks louder than our words? Temple marriage, family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening are all vitally important. But there is another dimension---the dimension of service. If we are willing to leave our loved ones for service in the mission field, we will bless them with a heritage that will teach and inspire them for generations to come." Robert D. Hales, Ensign, May 2001.
In so many ways, I'm just trying to follow our ancestors' examples and the heritage they left us. Be it James Wright Shupe and Sarah responding to Brigham Young's call for 500 men to join the US Army and march to California in 1848 or John Melvin Dalton leaving wife and children twice to serve missions, the last time for 2 years in Ireland and Whales, their sacrifice was much greater than mine. Heck, I've got modern communications, phone and "Skype."
I love you all, dad

1 comment:
Dad- I thought you were turning 61. Has the mission put your age on hold? Love you!
Post a Comment