
Saturday, November 29, 2008, we had a Service Project at the Tirana 2d & 4th Branch building. This is also where we hold all the Institute Outreach programs. The building needed a good cleaning so we got the young adults together (about 30 showed up) and for nearly 4 hours we cleaned inside and outside the building. Above picture is of Nettie (on left) and Besmir cleaning the walls of the lobby.

Outside garbage removal with (from left to right) Mergis, Edward and Armarildo.

Cleaning the kitchen with Elsa, unknown and Alma.

I got hurt and I want everyone to know about it. One of the rose bushes got me. Meri Hoxhje thought it was pretty funny.


We were even able to get the old tress tree out of our "office" and up on display for the next month.

Late Saturday we traveled to Durres to say goodbye to our friends the Muellers. They leave for Switzerland on Monday. We've really enjoyed their friendship. They've been running the seminary program here in Albania for the past 18 months. Picture is of Brother and Sister Mueller with Sonja and Brisi Sarachi.

Mom makes friends where ever she goes. This sweet sister just loved to smile even without many teeth.

After the usual party jokes and skits there was the dancing. I've decided that Albanians really love to dance. For those of you who have asked for a little music and dancing on this blog, please see the below effort by Sister Shupe. She is truly dancing her way into the lives of all the Albanian Saints.
4 comments:
Loving the dance moves, BA!!! I showed Owen the video and he smiled, clapped his hands with you, and said "more! more! more!". This blog is such a treat, thank you for sharing your adventures.
I am laughing out loud watching Susan figuring out they are snapping! "Hey I can snap!" Thanks so much I needed that! xoxox
Mom is the "dancing queen!"
I knew all those dance classes you took when you were little would pay off big someday. After all you, you taught me shuffle ball chain.....and how to kick and turn all the way around. The snapping is awesome.... butyou can do way more than that :) If they could only see you really rocking out. So fun to see you in action. xoxoxo
ps. How did your turkey turn out?
Post a Comment