Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mom and I visited Vlore this past week. The primary purpose was to meet with a hotel owner and finalize our plans for the Albanian YSA Conference to be held September 3rd. Because it also happened to be June 2nd, we celebrated our 37th anniversary looking for Adriatic "Sea Glass". It was a wonderful day in Vlore and we found some awesome sea-glass.



Mom and I having breakfast at the New York Hotel, Vlore, Albania June 2, 2009. Just down the coast from the hotel there was a great big left hander just going off. I know the surfers in the family can appreciate that ankle slapper.  This is the only surf I've seen on the Adriatic Sea (so far).




The water is extremely clear in Vlore. Its a great place to go to and remind us home.

5 comments:

Meleah said...

Wow, I can't believe that sea glass! Mom definitely has the eagle eye.

Meiken said...

When the pieces are that big, it doesn't take an eagle eye Meleah. :)I guess communism is good for one thing: sea glass...lots of liquor minus the trashcans. Glad you had fun!

regan said...

Congratulations on 37 years. We are 1 year behind you. Sea Glass.....sounds cool. RQ....hang 10 but not in the water. Can senior missionaries swim?

Suzie Soda said...

Congratulations on 37 years. We are 1 year behind you. Sea Glass.....sounds cool. RQ....hang 10 but not in the water. Can senior missionaries swim?

Moench Kazoku said...

If it makes you feel any better, there isn't much surf in Yuma, either. Glad to hear you are doing well, and just glad we found your blog.

Dan and Sachiyo