Monday, October 12, 2009

On, Monday, October 5, Elba and her brother, Roan, were baptized.  Elba had investigated the Church a couple of years ago but got busy and quit taking the missionary lessons.  A few months ago, Roan asked if he could come in and play ping pong with some of the other neighborhood boys.  Our first reaction was maybe that was not such a good idea because the "Outreach Center" is meant to be a gathering place for Young Adults.  Susan and I both saw something in his eyes and told him they were all welcome, so he and his buddies starting coming regularly.  One afternoon, Susan found Elba waiting outside for her brother and invited her to come in.  To say she was thrilled is an understatement.  After a few months, their parents agreed to their baptism.  We have never seen two happier new members of the Church. I might add that about 2 months ago as I was sitting in church, I had the thought that our branch really needed a pianist.  I did not know that 12 year old Roan is a gifted pianist. He attends a special arts school here in Tirana under scholarship because he has such a wonderful talent.  The Sunday the day before his baptism, the Branch President had him playing all the hymns for our Sacrament Meeting. 4th Branch now has a very good pianist. I confirmed Elba a member of the Church right after her baptism.
It's not all hard work. That's a picture of me and our oldest granddaughter, Emsley, who on Saturday, October 3rd flew in from Shanghai, China with her parents and younger sister for a 5 day visit with us.
Picture of Emsley and Alyssa Shupe Allgaier walking the streets of Tirana, Albania
Besides having the China Allgaier family with us for 5 days, 2 more "Shupe" girls flew in from California. Sarah Shupe Porter and Meiken Shupe Alexander joined their older sister in Albania just to make sure that I'm being well taken care of. This is photograph of our visitors with Mom in front of the 2/4 building in Tirana. From left to right: Emsley Allgaier, David Allgaier, Alyssa Allgaier, Chelsea Allgaier, Mom, Sarah Porter and Meiken Alexander.
Looking like movie stars they walked the streets of Tirana, Albania. The Allgaiers brought everyone new sunglasses from China.

4 comments:

Meleah said...

How fun! I love the new shades.

Suzie Soda said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. How great that so many were able to come. How old is Elmsley and Chelsea now?

Mrs. Jones says said...

Hi RQ and Susan!! How fun to catch up on your wonderful adventure!! I didn't even know.
What an inspiration you both are. Becky Jones (Roberts)

Mrs. Jones says said...

Ok, Mike says I did know... must be the pregnancy brain! ;) Anyway, so excited to keep up on your adventure/mission ;)