This video is taken from our balcony and runs for just over 5 minutes. (Sorry, its so long.) This place really went off. I've never seen so many fireworks going off at the same time. The video starts a little before midnight because the Albanians got a little anxious and started sending their rockets up early. During the Communists rule no one could have any type of gun powder, sparklers, fireworks etc. So after the Communists were kicked out of power, everyone wanted what they couldn't have before. Everyone now buys these great fireworks. Everywhere we looked from our 180 degree view balcony there were fireworks going off. It was a night Susan and I will always remember, including the fact that starting at 6:00 pm the electricity starting going off and on for about 4 hours. But at 10:30 pm it went off for the rest of the night and didn't come back on until 10:20 am this morning. Right now I'm waiting for the water heater to warm up so I can take a shower. I love this place!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope you guys had your flak-jackets on during that firework extravaganza. LeeLee and I have never seen anything like it. We wondered how many fires were started in the city. Happy New Year to you! Love, Tom, Buck and LeeLee
I only wish Taylor was there with you! That place is crazy!
Post a Comment